Understanding the Oil and Gas Industry
And How Profire's Technology Impacts the industry
The oil and gas industry provides over half of our world's power, and plays a critical role in the world economy. Profire is quickly making a significant impact in the upstream, midstream, and downstream segments of this complex industry. Innovation at Profire continues to help us achieve our three-fold mission: saving lives, saving the environment, and saving money.
The oil & gas industry provides over half of our world's power, and plays a critical role in the world economy.
To learn how they are processed, see the illustration below:
- The gas from each well is piped through a "gathering line" to a "mainline", where it is compressed and then piped to a refinery. Line heaters are used to intermittently heat the gas as it travels to a refinery.
- The oil can also be piped to a refinery, or it can be stored temporarily in a heated tank, where a truck will pick-up and transport it to refinery. Adequate heat is needed for these transportation processes to work properly. Heat is provided by a burner flame, which can be managed by a Profire Energy BMS.
Where Profire Fits In
In the oil and natural gas industry, various applications (e.g. tanks, line heaters, separators, dehydrators, amine reboilers, etc.) are used in the production and transportation of oil and natural gas. These applications require heat, which is used to facilitate the proper function of the application. To provide that heat, a burner is used within the application.
Our primary products, Burner Management Systems, monitor and manage this burner. Burner Management Systems help to make oil & gas companies safe, more efficient, and more compliant.
The table below shows just some of the key features of a Burner Management System (BMS):
- Combustion applications function only when needed.
- The BMS can monitor and reignite failed burner flame, allowing oilfield professionals to manage more wells and get more done.
- Reliable burner management means less production-loss. You can rest assured that the burner flame is working properly, so the application can function as it should.
- Antiquated and dangerous forms of re-ignition (such as the “rag-and-stick” method) are replaced with safe, automated burner detection and re-ignition.
- By providing a reliable form of re-ignition, many compliance concerns are mitigated, especially when used in conjunction with other Profire products.